Even though patient satisfaction is not directly tied to your hospital’s reimbursements, studies show that more than three-fourths of all unscheduled admissions—a major source of hospital revenue— comes through Emergency Department/Urgent Care. A patient’s perspective of the Emergency Department and their inpatient experience has a direct impact on your HCAPHS scores. That means high patient satisfaction scores are not just vital to the reputation of your practice, but also to the well-being of your entire hospital, eClaimStatus help’s increase the reputation and boost the patient satisfaction of your practice.
Contributing Factors to Poor Patient Satisfaction:
The front office faces some unique challenges when it comes to improving patient satisfaction
- Long wait times to verify patient benefits
- Patient volume increases while resources to manage remain the same
- Limited communication with patients
- Failure to collect the correct patient portion
- Surprise Bill
If allowed to persist, these factors can multiply until the community holds a negative opinion of the practice, leading to loss of market share. Fortunately, these hurdles can be easily overcome by implementing eClaimStatus, with a wide payer network of 800 and fetching benefits in seconds, no longer wait time for patients or Surprise bills.
What information eClaimStatus fetches you?
- Coverage Active/Inactive Status
- Real-time deductible remaining
- Pre-Cert Requirement info
- Out of Pocket Stop Clause
- In/Out of Network benefits
- Co-insurance percentages
- Co-pay information
- PCP Information where applicable
- Other payer information, for example MCO’s or Medicare replacement plans
- Plan Info - PPO, HMO, etc.
- Claims mailing address
- IPA information
- Limitations and more